Monday, June 9, 2008

Magical Matzo Ball Soup





You don't need to be Jewish to understand the healing properties in this delicious soup. My husband and I went the entire last year dodging pneumonia, bronchitis,and every strain of the flu out there and we firmly believe that the reason is because we ate this homemade soup minimum twice a week. When the warm weather came, I slacked and didn't make it for the month of May and wouldn't you know it, I am now sick with the flu and it sucks. Needless to say, we spent yesterday making our version with the Streit's mix- which I think is the best. Here's our recipe:

Matzo Ball Soup

2 pkgs. of Streit's Matzo Ball Soup mix.
Follow directions but add 1 cup sliced carrots, 1 cup sliced celery half of a bag of Streit's egg noodles.

This feeds a slew of people and can be frozen for later too.

No comments: