Saturday, June 7, 2008

Living Project Ecolife




Each day that I have posted on the Project Ecoart blog, I have thought of many other topics that I would have loved to touch upon but really didn't fit the artistic vibe of "Project Ecoart". Hence the beginning of this blog. Project Ecolife is not just about living a sustainably, earth friendly life. It's about saving money and your sanity which are also eco friendly principals.




My family and I live in Malibu, CA. Alot of you may be thinking that we probably have a lot of money. While my husband and I do fairly well for ourselves, we have to watch very carefully what we spend, and it takes a six day work week to accomplish what we have attained so far.


I often tell our teenagers that we are "working class Malibu", not "Malibu Rd. Malibu". Basically that means our kids get jobs when they turn sixteen ( all are that and above ), they don't spend money on $300 jeans, no brand new Range Rover when they get their first car ( commonplace in this town unfortunately ). We were very fortunate to find a great deal on a house here, less than what we would have spent in Venice Beach ( because of the commute into town I'm sure ) and our kids don't have to go to school with gangs. The lesser of two evils is that they live around VERY priveleged spoiled kids of producers, rock stars, actors etc... They also go to school with a old Malibu surfer families to that have to work just as hard as we do.




So this blog is meant to inspire you to live the good life without over consumption. That translates to living sustainably, and earth friendly everyday.

No comments: